Urgent Care for Your Eyes
Swift action saves sight when it comes to ocular emergencies. If you are experiencing an eye care emergency during our office hours, please call us.
Our experienced staff can discuss the issue with you and determine the best course of action, whether that be a visit to our office or a trip to the emergency room.
If you have an emergency after our offices are closed, you should go directly to the Emergency Department at The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus (501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6. Tel: 613-722-7000). This will allow for the most efficient route to on-call ophthalmology. Your vision can’t wait.
How to Handle Your Eye Care Emergency
- Panic or overwhelm yourself with “what-ifs”
- Attempt to remove foreign objects
- Put medications or drops in your eyes
- Use tweezers or other tools near the eye
- Rub or apply pressure to your eyes
- Remove contact lenses (except in the event of a chemical splash)
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the eye area
- Blink to try and remove any debris
- Flush the eyes with cool water in the event of a chemical splash
Types of Eye Emergencies
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, contact us or seek help immediately:
- Bleeding from the eyes
- Extreme itchiness
- Eye trauma
- Foreign body in the eye
- Discharge or crustiness
- Bruising around the eye
- Chemical splash
- Scratch or cut
- Enlarged pupils
- Eye pain or soreness
We are here to assist you with your ocular emergency.
We’re located in Suite 216 in the 350 Sparks Street Office. We share an underground parking garage with the Hilton Garden Inn at 361 Queen Street. The parking garage can be accessed via Queen Street. Please see the photos below for our main and back entrances.
- 350 Sparks Street, Suite 216
- Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7S8
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed